Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors + back office
- Premium ENTERPRISE / Add-On «Mobile & Badge Check-In»
Using a check-in provides you with security and allows you to ensure that only members with a valid pass gain access to your studio. In addition, you can keep track of who is currently in your studio. SportsNow offers two basic ways for your members to check in at your gym, either by scanning a QR code with the SportsNow app or by contactless scanning of the membership card (badge) at a reader.
Check-in with QR Code
With the modern mobile solution from SportsNow, check-in is easy via app on the smartphone. The check-in via QR code is the most modern and also the cheapest option, as no additional badges are required. The only requirement is that your members own a smartphone and use the SportsNow app.
- With the Premium ENTERPRISE or the add-on «Mobile & Badge Check-In» you will receive your own QR code in the admin area of your studio.
- This QR code must be displayed at the entrance of the studio, so your members can see it.
- The member scans the QR code with the SportsNow app on his smartphone to check in. As the member is logged in to the app with their own SportsNow account, their pass is automatically verified.
- Your members can check themselves out by clicking on «Check out now» in the SportsNow app: Check-In via QR-Code
Check-in with badge
Alternatively or additionally, the check-in can be done with a badge. Here you use your own smartphone as a reader, where your members can scan their badge without contact. In order to use your smartphone as a terminal, it has to use the Android operating system and be NFC (Near Field Communication) capable.
- With the Premium ENTERPRISE or the add-on «Mobile & Badge Check-In» you can set the SportsNow app or your smartphone as a reader. Open the SportsNow app and press «More» - «Badge Check-In Terminal» to set the device as a reader.
- Attach your smartphone in the entrance area where your members can scan their badge without contact.
- If the member has a valid pass, the screen turns green and the member is automatically checked in. Otherwise, the screen turns red and a different tone sounds, making it both visually and audibly apparent whether or not a member has a valid pass.
- Your members can check themselves out by holding the badge up to the reader again after training. If the badge is held up to the reader a second time within 15 minutes, this has no consequences.
Check-in with external partner solutions
Alternatively, there is the possibility to work with hardware and readers from our partners in the access control sector. If you are interested, we recommend contacting the desired partner directly. Our partners can show you which possibilities are generally available for integration and can advise you whether an existing system is compatible. A prerequisite on the part of SportsNow is that your studio uses the Premium ENTERPRISE or the corresponding add-on («Integration with exivo», «Integration with Gantner» or «Integration with n-tree»).
Please note that additional costs may arise from the partner solution. Here you have an overview of our partners:
In SportsNow you can find everything about the check-in in the admin area under «Check-In». Here you get an overview of all check-ins, find your QR code and can also check members in and out manually. You can edit and correct check-ins at any time if something is entered incorrectly. This function is only available on the web.
- Show outstanding invoices: Opens a window with the open invoices, which you can manage directly.
- Check-Out: Checks the member out immediately.
- Edit: Opens a window where you can manually edit the time of check-in and check-out.
- Delete: Deletes the check-in permanently. This operation cannot be undone.
- Check-in Code: Here you will get to a new page that shows you the QR code of your studio. You can print it out so that your members can easily scan it and check in.
- Check in members: Here you will find an overview where your customers and team members are listed. To check in a member, you must click on Check-In and confirm with OK .
- Check-Out: To check a checked in member out again, you must go to Check-Out and confirm with OK .
On the web
- Click in the admin area on «Check in».
- Click on «Settings».
- Block repeated check-in: The badge or QR code of a member who has already checked in cannot be used again until the member has checked out.
Note: This makes it impossible to check out by checking in again. This setting is therefore only recommended if separate readers are used for check-in and check-out.
- Allow check-in only with valid Covid certificate: Enable this feature if you want to allow entry to your studio only with a valid Covid certificate.
- Check-in limitation: Enter the maximum number of members that can be checked in here.
- Check-in information for your customers: You can enter information that will be displayed to your members upon successful check-in.