Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors with back office
- Premium MAX / Add-On «Video portal»
The video portal allows you to sell videos to your customers quickly and easily directly under «Videos» on your SportsNow page.
For example, you can offer your customers a 30-Days Challenge with selected videos, a monthly pass with unlimited access, as with Netflix, or individual videos for sale. Your customers don't need to install any additional apps and can watch your videos directly on SportsNow or within the app. With the comment function, your members can give you personal feedback directly.
In this tutorial we will explain how to set up your video portal.
Good to know
- Requirement: To create videos, you need your own cloud storage where you can upload your videos. A simple and compatible cloud storage is e.g. Dropbox or OneDrive.
- In our experience, playing videos with Google Drive works well for small file sizes (max 100MB). However the video does not play optimally with larger files.
- Alternatively, you can also upload your videos to YouTube. This channel is primarily suitable if you want to offer videos for free.
- You can add videos directly to a class. You can find out how to do this here: Add videos to a class
- Videos can also be assigned directly to a member. More information here: Assign videos
- File size: For an optimal transfer the file size should be as small as possible. This can be achieved if the resolution is not too high and the video does not take too long. Usually a resolution of maximum 720p is sufficient. SportsNow does not compress the files.
- No pass credit is deducted when the video is played. If you want to allow your customers to watch individual videos for a certain amount of time, it's best to create a separate pass for each video.
- Click in the admin area on «My videos».
- Click on the button «Create video».
- Title: Enter the title of the video.
- Description: Describe your video here.
- Video-Link (URL): Link your own video (e.g. from your cloud storage or from YouTube). To do this, upload your video to your cloud storage and add the share link to your video here.
- If you use a cloud storage, click «Share» on your video file to get the share link.
- If you use Sharepoint, add the following to the end of your link: &download=1
- If you use YouTube, you have to set your channel to public so that your videos can be loaded.
- Thumbnail: Upload a picture that your members will see as a preview. If you don't upload a thumbnail, your studio logo will be used as the preview image.
Hint: The image must be in .JPG or .PNG format.
- Categories: If you have created categories, you can assign the video to a category here. With this you can group your videos.
Hint: To create a category, you have to click on «My videos» and then «My categories». Click on «Add new category», enter the name of the category and then click on «Save category».
- Do not offer this video on the video portal: Check this box if you do not want the video to be listed in the video portal on your SportsNow page. (The video is private).
- What passes can be purchased to view this video: Define the passes with which the video can be watched.
- This video can be watched for free: If the video can be watched without a pass, check the box here.
- Publish on: Set the date on which the video should be published.
- This video has an expiration date and can neither be bought nor watched afterwards: If you set a check mark here, then you can set an expiration date for the video.
- Expiry date: Specify the date up to which the video is available. After the expiration date, your customers will no longer be able to watch the video.
- «Create video».
Examples and ideas
- «30-Days Challenge pass»: Create a 30-Days Challenge with selected videos for your customers
- «Netflix pass»: Offer your customers unlimited access to your videos with a monthly pass - just like Netflix.
- Or create a separate pass for each video and allow your customers to watch individual videos for a specified time.
- Ideally, create a new category e.g. «Videos» for your video passes under «Set up my studio» - «My categories».
- Now create your new passes under «Set up my studio» - «My passes».
- You can now use your new passes for your videos.