Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors + back office
- Premium MAX / Add-On «Video portal»
The video portal allows you to quickly and easily sell videos to your members directly under «Videos» on your SportsNow page. For example, you can offer your members a 30-day challenge with selected videos, a monthly pass with unlimited access or individual videos for sale. Your members don't need to install any additional apps and can watch your videos directly on your SportsNow page or in the SportsNow app. With the comment function, your members can give you personal feedback. This feature is only available on the web.
Good to know
- Cloud storage: To be able to create videos, you need your own cloud storage where you can upload your videos. The cloud storage should be either Dropbox or OneDrive, not Sharepoint.
Note: In our experience, playing videos with Google Drive works well with small file sizes (max. 100 MB). However, by default, the video does not play optimally with larger files.
You can also upload your videos to YouTube. This channel is primarily suitable if you want to offer videos for free.
File size: For optimal transmission, the file size should be as small as possible. This can be achieved if the resolution is not too high and the video is not too long. As a rule, a resolution of 720p or less is sufficient.
Note: SportsNow does not perform any compression of the files.
Credit: When playing the video, no credit of the pass is deducted. If you want to allow your members to buy the videos, it is best to create a separate pass per video: Pass settings explained
- You can add videos directly to a class: Add videos to a class
- Videos can also be assigned directly to a member: Assign videos
Playback problems: If your members are having problems playing the videos, check all the points you can find in this guide: Why are there problems playing my videos?
On the web
- Click in the admin area on «My videos».
- Click on «Create video».
- Title: Enter the title of the video.
- Description: Describe your video here.
- Video-Link (URL):Link your own video. To do this, upload your video to your cloud storage and add the share link here.
- If you use a cloud storage, click «Share» on your video file to get the share link.
- If you use OneDrive, add the following to the end of your link: &download=1
- If you use YouTube, you have to set your channel to public so that your videos can be loaded.
- Thumbnail: Upload a picture that your members will see as a preview. If you don't upload a thumbnail, your studio logo will be used as the preview image.
Hint: The image must be in .JPG or .PNG format.
- Categories:If you have created categories, you can assign the video to a category here. With this you can group your videos.
- Click to create a category on «My videos» - «My categories» - «Add new category».
- Enter the name of the category.
- Click on «Save category».
- Do not offer this video on the video portal: Check this box if you do not want the video to be listed in the video portal on your SportsNow page. (The video is private)
- What passes can be purchased to view this video: Define the passes with which the video can be watched.
- Buy with credit: If enabled, the video can be purchased with a pass credit and watched unlimited times. This option does not affect unlimited passes.
- This video can be watched for free: If the video can be watched without a pass, check the box here.
- Publish on: Set the date on which the video should be published.
- This video has an expiration date and can neither be bought nor watched afterwards:Set a check mark here so that the video can be watched repeatedly only until a certain date.
- Expiry date: Set the date until which the video is available. After the expiration date, your members will no longer be able to watch the video.
- «Create video».
Examples and ideas
- «30-Days Challenge pass»: Create a 30-Days Challenge with selected videos for your members.
- «Netflix pass»: Offer your members unlimited access to your videos with a monthly pass - just like Netflix.
- «Video pass»: Create a separate subscription for each video and allow your members to watch individual videos for a set amount of time. Once the video is purchased, it can be watched repeatedly until the expiration date.