Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors with back office
SportsNow offers you the possibility to offer passes that renew automatically. Thanks to the automatic renewal of a pass, a member does not have to worry about buying a new pass. You can activate the automatic renewal per pass individually. The renewal automatically creates a new pass with a corresponding invoice. The new pass starts seamlessly the day after the old pass ends.
In this guide, you'll learn step-by-step how to set up automatic renewal.
Good to know
- Reminders: One week before the end of the cancellation period, the member is notified that his/her pass is about to expire and, if the pass is not cancelled, it will be automatically renewed accordingly. Thanks to this notification, the member still has enough time to cancel the pass.
Example: If the cancellation period is set to 30 days, the member is notified 37 days (30 + 7) in advance.
- Notifications: The Studio is notified by e-mail when a pass is cancelled. To avoid email overload, no email will be sent to the Studio if the pass is about to expire or renew. For an overview of all passes and their status, we recommend using the «Show all passes» view.
- Subsequent setup: Already purchased i.e. active passes will not be updated automatically if automatic renewal is activated afterwards. Only passes purchased after automatic renewal has been set up will receive this setting.
Set up period of cancellation
- Click in the admin area on «Set up my studio».
- In the progress bar, click on «Further settings» and choose «Payment settings».
- Cancellation deadline for continuing passes: Here you can set the notice period. By default, it is set to 14 days.
- Click on «Save settings».
Set up automatic renewal