Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors with back office
- Premium BASIC / Add-On «Efficient member management»
SportsNow gives you the ability to create and edit new passes quickly and easily. Passes are a central part of the booking system. They are needed to book lessons, workshops or appointments.
In this guide you will learn step-by-step how to create and edit a new pass and which settings are available to you.
- Click in the admin area on Set up my studio .
- Click on the progress bar My passes .
- Click for a new pass on Add new pass .
- To edit an existing pass, click on «Action» - «Edit».
- Name: Enter the name of the pass here.
- Description, scope & conditions: Enter details about the pass here (e.g. what the pass can be used for).
- Pass price: Determine how much the pass costs.
- Currency: Set the currency in which the price is given.
- Period of validity: How long is the pass valid for? Enter a number here.
- Unit: Indicate which unit belongs to the previously mentioned number (e.g. days or weeks).
- Number of bookings: Determine how often this pass can be used. If the pass can be used indefinitely, you can check the box «Unlimited number of bookings».
- Where can this pass be used?: Determine the category (s) for which this pass is valid.
- Catch up possibilities for missed classes: Here you can define the categories where this pass can be used for catching up. If a booking is cancelled, the classes of these categories will be available to be booked with the refunded credit.
- The pass ends with the booked course (classes with end date): Determine whether the pass ends with the booked course.
- This pass will be renewed automatically after its expiration: Does the pass automatically renew after it expires?
- The period of validity remains fixed and will not be extended by the company holidays: If you check this box, company holidays do not affect this pass.
- This pass is paid in installments: SportsNow offers you the possibility to set up an installment plan for your passes. An installment payment gives your members flexibility when paying for a pass. You can set up payment by installments for each pass individually. When you purchase a pass, the system automatically creates as many invoices as there are installments to pay.
For example: If you pay with 12 installments, SportsNow will create 12 invoices.
SportsNow will automatically send the installments to the customer every month.
Important: The Premium MAX PRO or the Add-On «Payment by instalments must be activated in order to create the invoice with instalments. Instalments cannot be created on already issued invoices.
- This pass can be purchased only once: Each member can only buy this pass once (for example a trial training).
- This pass can only be sold by the studio. Members cannot buy this pass themselves: Determine whether the pass is public. This last setting is used, for example, if you have a special pass for selected members. However, you can and only want to assign this pass to these selected members and therefore not all members should be able to buy this pass.
- Excluded payment methods: Set that the pass can only be paid for with a certain payment method (e.g. only by invoice / transfer).
- This pass can only be used to book participations via live stream, but not for on-site participation: If so, the pass can only be used for participation via live stream.
- Limitation: Limit the number of bookings that can be made with this pass during a certain period.
Flexible pass: SportsNow offers you the possibility to create flexible passes. This allows your members to subscribe individually for their desired lessons, although by default the class is set so that the customer is automatically pre-registered for all lessons when booking (booking mode «Customer books all lessons at once»). You can find more information about the use case here: Class with fixed places
This pass can be used for check-in: If you use a check-in in your studio, you can define here whether check-in is possible with this pass. This means that when a member checks in, SportsNow will check if the member has a valid pass. If this option is enabled in the pass, the member can check in successfully.
- A credit is to be deducted at check-in: Here you can set that a credit is automatically deducted at each check-in with this pass.
- At which connected locations can this pass also be used for check-in?: Specify whether this pass can also be used at other locations. For example, if you have a studio in Bern and Zurich, you can specify that someone with this pass can train in both Zurich and Bern.