Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors with back office
- Premium BASIC / Add-On «Efficient member management»
SportsNow offers you the possibility to import your member data as a list, for example to switch from an existing system. You can import your member data yourself using our template. The template is based on Google Spreadsheets (the Excel version of Google), which means you can enter your member data column by column (first name, last name, address, etc.). If you already use an existing system, you may be able to export your member data as a list and transfer it directly into our template. In this guide we explain how you can:
- load our template
- fill in the template with your data
- upload the list to SportsNow
Good to know
- Before you import your complete membership data, make sure that you:
- Important: Do not run the import with the same data more than once, as this may result in duplicates from members who do not have an email address.
- If you are importing members with a pass, the special setting «Deactivate the pass and billing system. Classes and appointments are booked directly without a pass.» must not be activated. You can find this setting under «Set up my studio» - «Further settings» - «Special settings».
- Click in the admin area on «My customers».
- Click on «Create member».
- Click on «Import from locations».
- Now follow the instructions and download the template via «Load template».
- After loading the file, click on «File» and then on «Create a copy».
- Note: Sign in with your Google Account so you can make a copy. Create an account if you do not already have one. (free)
- Now enter a new name for the file.
- You have now successfully created your own template, which you can now fill in with your member data.
Fill in template with data
You can now fill your template with data. Note the order of the fields (columns). We have summarized the most important tips and tricks for you here:
- Use Google spreadsheets: For a successful import, the list must be worked with the given template in Google Docs. Lists and CSV files from other systems can lead to technical errors and are not supported by default.
- Import external CSV files: If you were able to export your customer data from your existing system as a CSV file, you can import it into Google Spreadsheet to get a spreadsheet. You can copy the data from the table column by column into our template.
- Consider the format: The input options as well as the input format must be strictly adhered to, otherwise the import will not work.
- Example «Salutation»: Here you can only enter the input values «female» or «male».
- Example «Birthday»: The date must be entered in number format e.g. «01.11.1997» (and not about 1 November 1997).
- The fields with a small triangle in the upper left corner (1st line) contain important information about the input options and the allowed input format. Here you will also find information about importing existing passes from members. Below we will show you step-by-step how to import members with an existing pass into the template.
Members without a pass: If the member does not have an existing pass, the columns M to R must be left blank.
Only for experts: The columns S-U must always be left empty. These columns are intended for experts.
Import member with pass
- If you want to import members with an existing pass, you can do so as follows.
- Create your passes in «Set up my studio». You can find more information about creating passes here: Step 2: Set up your studio
- You can find all passes that you offer under «My passes». Now search for the desired pass and note the ID (far left). The ID is a unique number that uniquely identifies the pass. In the example you can see that the ID is «3650».
- Now go to the import template and fill in columns A through L exactly as you would for members you want to import without pass.
- Now search for column M («SportsNow pass»). You can now enter the pass ID here (e.g. 3650).
- Note: If you insert a pass in column M, you must also fill in the columns N to Q.
- In column N you must enter the date from which the pass is valid and in column O the date until which the pass is valid. Both must be in the format dd.mm.yyyy (e.g. 15.03.2019).
- In column P you can enter the number of bookings available. If the pass still has two bookings available, for example, you enter «2». If the pass can be used indefinitely, enter a zero.
- In column Q you have to specify the payment method. You have two options here: «invoice» for invoices and «cash» for cash payments.
- In column R you can optionally enter whether the pass has already been paid. If so, enter «yes». Otherwise, you can leave this column empty.
- The following screenshot shows you how the columns M to R could look filled up.
Download list as CSV file
You have filled out your template completely and are now ready for the actual import. Next, download the template as a CSV file:
- Comma separated values (.csv, current worksheet)».
- For example, save the file to your desktop.
- Now switch to SportsNow and click in the admin area on «My customers» - «Create a member» - «Import from locations».
- With «Select file» you can select and insert the desired list. Now select the saved CSV list and click on «Import from locations».
- You will now get an overview of the imported members. If the status is marked with a green check mark, SportsNow signals that everything worked out.
- Optionally, you can send an e-mail to all your imported customers with their SportsNow login. (recommended)
- With a click on «Import from locations» you import your customers definitely.
- Do not panic: depending on the size of the list, this may take some time.