Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors + back office
- Premium BASIC / Add-On «Efficient member management»
SportsNow offers you the possibility to import your member data as a list. This is especially useful if you want to switch from an existing software. You can import your member data yourself using our template. The template is based on Google Spreadsheets, i.e. you can enter column by column (first name, last name, address, etc.) of your member data. If you already have an existing list, you may be able to transfer the data directly into our template. Note, however, that you must enter the data correctly into our template. In this tutorial we will explain how to load our template, fill in the template with your data and upload the list to SportsNow.
Good to know
- Before you import your complete membership data, make sure that you:
Have finished setting up and testing your studio. See: Step 2: Set up your studio
Informed your members about the import. See: Switch to SportsNow
- Important: Do not run the import with the same data more than once, as this may result in duplicates from members who do not have an email address.
- If you are importing members with a pass, the special setting «Deactivate the pass and billing system. Classes and appointments are booked directly without a pass.» must not be activated. You can find this setting under «Set up my studio» - «Further settings» - «Special settings».
On the web
- Click in the admin area on «My customers».
- Click on «Create member».
- Click on «Import from locations».
- Now follow the instructions and download the template via «Load template».
- After loading the file, click in the file on «File» and then on «Create a copy».
- Enter a new name for the file.
- You have successfully created your own template, which you can now fill in with your member data.
This function is only available on the web.
Note: Sign in with your Google Account so you can make a copy. Create an account if you do not already have one. (free)
Fill in template with data
Fill your template with data and note the order of the fields (columns). We have summarized the most important tips and tricks for you here:
- Use Google spreadsheets: For a successful import, the list must be worked with the given template in Google Docs. Lists and CSV files from other systems can lead to technical errors and are not supported by default.
- Import external CSV files: If you were able to export your customer data from your existing system as a CSV file, you can import it into Google Spreadsheet to get a spreadsheet. You can copy the data from the table column by column into our template.
- Consider the format: The input options as well as the input format must be strictly adhered to, otherwise the import will not work.
The fields with a small triangle in the upper left corner (1st line) contain important information about the input options and the allowed input format. Here you will also find information about importing existing passes from members. Below, we will show you step-by-step how to import members with an existing pass into the template.
- Example «Salutation»: Here you can only enter the input values «female» or «male».
- Example «Birthday»: The date must be entered in number format, e.g. «01.11.1997» (and not about 1 November 1997).
Members without a pass: If the member does not have an existing pass, the columns M to R must be left blank.
Only for experts: The columns S-U must always be left empty. These columns are intended for experts.
Import member with pass
- Create your passes in «Set up my studio». More information about creating passes can be found here: Register existing passes
- You will find all passes you offer under «My passes». Find the pass you want and remember the ID (far left). The ID is a unique number that uniquely identifies the pass. In the example, you can see that the ID is "3650".
- Go to the import template and fill in columns A to L as described before.
- Column M («SportsNow pass»): Here you can enter the ID of the subscription (e.g. 3650).
- Column N: enter the date from which the subscription is valid. (Format dd.mm.yyyy, e.g. 15.03.2019)
- Column O: enter the date until when the subscription is valid. (format dd.mm.yyyy)
- Column P: enter the number of available bookings.
For example, if the subscription has two available bookings, enter «2». If the subscription can be used indefinitely, enter a zero.
- Column Q: specify the payment method.
You have two options: «invoice» for invoice and «cash» for cash payment.
- Column R: optionally enter whether the subscription has already been paid or not.
If yes, enter «yes», otherwise leave this column empty.
- The following screenshot shows you how the columns M to R could look like filled in.
Note: If you insert a subscription in column M, it is mandatory to fill in columns N to Q as well.
Download list as CSV file
- If you have filled in all the data in the list, click on «File» - «Download as» - «Comma separated values (.csv, current worksheet)».
- For example, save the file to your desktop.
- You have now downloaded a complete, import-ready list.
Note: If you make subsequent changes or corrections in the template, you will need to download the file again for the changes to be included.
Load list into SportsNow
- Now switch to SportsNow and click in the admin area on «My customers» - «Create a member» - «Import from locations».
- With «Select file» you can select and insert the desired list. Now select the saved CSV list and click on «Import from locations».
- You will now get an overview of the imported members. If the status is marked with a green check mark, SportsNow signals that everything worked out.
- Optionally, you can send an e-mail to all your imported customers with their SportsNow login. (recommended)
- Click on «Import from locations» to import your customers definitely. Depending on the size of the list, this may take some time.