Who can use this feature?
- FREE: The basic functions are already available to you free of charge.
SportsNow gives you the ability to create and edit new classes in your timetable. Depending on the type of class, you have different options available. In this tutorial you will learn step-by-step how to create and edit a new class and which settings are available to you.
Good to know
- Each class has its own detail page with all the important information about the schedule and time of the class. The detail page can be accessed on your SportsNow page via the timetable or live calendar by clicking on the name of the class. Each detail page also has its own link that you can share directly with your members.
On the web
- Click in the admin area on «Set up my studio».
- In the progress bar, click on «My class schedule».
- To create a new class, click on «Add class».
- To edit an existing class, click on «Action» - «Edit».
- When you are finished, click on «Create class».
The types of classes explained:
- A daily class is a class (e.g. spinning every day from 10 to 12 o'clock), which takes place once every day (including Saturday and Sunday) at a fixed time.
- A weekly class is a class (e.g. Yoga on Tuesday from 6 to 7 pm) that takes place once a week at a fixed time.
- A bi-weekly class is a class (e.g. Pilates Flow on Monday from 9 to 10 am every other week) that takes place in a bi-weekly rhythm on a certain day at a fixed time.
- A workshop is a one-off event (e.g. a training weekend) that takes place at a specified date or time.
- An individual appointment is a bookable appointment (e.g. for a personal training), which can be booked by members in a given time frame. For example: The mentioned personal training lasts 45 minutes and your members can book such a training every Tuesday and Thursday morning between 09 and 12 o'clock. So your members have different time slots in which they can book a personal training, the first one is from 09:00 to 09:45.
All fields and settings explained:
- Name: Enter the name of the class.
- Category: Assign the class to a category.
- Description: Add a description so that your members can get a better idea of the way the class takes place. The description appears directly on the details page.
- Image: Upload a photo of your class by clicking on «Select file». Please note that it must be a .png or .jpg file to ensure that the upload works as intended. The image will appear on the class details page.
- Color: Select a color for the class. The name of the class will be displayed on your SportsNow page in the specified color.
- Date / time: Set the start date and the start and end time of the class.
- This class is repeated endlessly and has no end date: If the class repeats indefinitely, you can check this box.
- Appointment length (minutes): Determine the duration of the appointment.
- Level: Indicate which level this class is aimed at. You can choose between basic, intermediate and advanced.
- Location / room: Where does the class take place?
- Capacity: Enter the number of places available for the class.
- Always show the number of free spots in the timetable. Otherwise, a note is displayed if there are less than 3 free spots.: Specify here that the number of free spots should always be shown in the timetable.
- Do not offer a waiting list for this class: Check this box if you do not want to offer a waiting list for this class. This can be an advantage if you want your customers to book a livestream instead of being put on the waiting list for an on-site booking.
- Livestream link: If you offer a live stream for the class, you can insert the link here. The link is automatically released to all participants in SportsNow with a notification 30 minutes before the start of the class.
- Hybrid class: The customer can choose at the time of booking whether he wants to participate on site or via livestream: This allows your customers to decide for themselves whether they want to be online or on site.
- Additional information (public): Enter more information about the class here. These are shown directly in the timetable.
- Definitive booking information (e.g. PIN code): Here you can, for example, enter a code to join your livestream. This information will only be sent to the member with the booking confirmation after the booking has been completed.
- This class is free of charge and can be booked without a pass (e.g. open house day): If the class can be booked without a pass, you can indicate this here.
- Customers may view the list of participants: Determine whether your members can see who else booked this class.
- The class will only take place if there are enough participants: Set a minimum number of participants and what should happen with the class if there are too few registrations. More information can be found here: Determine minimum number of participants
- Course system: If you are working with the course system, you can specify here upon which class the new class is based. More information can be found here: Course system
- Booking mode:Enter here how the class is booked by the member
- The customer books each class individually: The customer books each lesson individually, i.e. each lesson he wants to attend.
- The customer books all classes at once: The customer is automatically registered for all upcoming lessons when booking this class for the first time (as long as the pass is valid). This mode is often used in connection with fixed slots. See also: Class with fixed slots
Note: The booking mode is only relevant from the customer's perspective, that is, if the customer books the class independently. When the studio sells a pass, it can freely select the lessons that are to be booked for the customer.
- This class cannot be booked: The booking system is deactivated for this class, i.e. it is for information purposes only.
- Registration deadline: Until when can you register for this class? The class can be booked by your members until the set registration deadline before the class starts. Example: The yoga class starts on Monday at 18.00, the registration deadline is set to 2 hours. Therefore, your members can book the class until 16:00 before the booking for the class is closed. You also have the possibility to create a class without a registration deadline. In this case, the class can be booked until it is over.
- Cancellation deadline: Until when can you unsubscribe for this class?
- Registration opens: When can you register for this class? By default, the registration start date is open, i.e. there is no limit to how far in advance classes can be booked. For example, there is a restriction that this class can be booked a maximum of 24 hours in advance.
- Publish appointments and activate online booking. The customer can book appointments online.: This allows your customers to book this appointment themselves.
- Dynamically adjust the appointment grid if bookings with manual time slot or manual appointment duration were created.: Check this box if you want the next available appointment to start automatically after a manual booking, i.e. a booking with a manual time slot or manual appointment duration.
Example: A booking was manually entered for 08:00 - 09:15 (15 minutes longer), instead of usually from 08:00 - 09:00. By default, the next appointment would start at 09:00. With a check mark, i.e. with a dynamic appointment grid, the next appointment would already start at 09:15.
- Member groups: Specify here if only a certain group of members can book this class.
- Who is responsible for the class?: Enter the instructor here. The name of the responsible person is displayed in the schedule. If more than one person is responsible for a class, the name "Team" will be displayed in the schedule, i.e. each person will not be listed individually.