Who can use this feature?
- Administrators and instructors with back office
- Premium MAX PRO / Add-On «POS system»
The POS system is an extensive addition to SportsNow and allows you to sell products and process refunds. Basically, you can manage your cash register on the web and evaluate your sales, and with the app you can sell products. With the checkout system you have the following payment options available:
- Cash payment
- Credit card
- Customer credit balances
This allows you to collect the amount with any payment terminal (e.g. SumUp). The payment terminal is independent from SportsNow and can therefore be used with the POS system without any problems. The receipt is automatically sent to the customer by e-mail after the sale. In this manual you will learn step-by-step everything about:
- Set up the cash register
- Sell products
- View sales
Good to know
- The cash register is a pure point of sale system (POS), which was developed especially for sales and direct collection. For sales on account, wages and other accounting functions, we recommend using a business software such as bexio. More information about this: Integration with bexio
Set up cash register
- Click in the admin area on «My point of sale».
- You will now see an overview of your cash register.
- Click on «Settings».
- Under «Settings» you have the options «Standard» and «Simplified».
- Standard: With the standard option you can choose the customer and payment method for each sale.
- Simplified: is a special option, whereby the payment process is automatically completed with "Without customer" and always the same, fixed adjustable payment type. This enables a quick sale of articles. This is especially helpful for all studios where sales are quick and without customer assignment.
Create a category
Create categories such as snacks, drinks, clothes, etc. that you offer. The next step is to create products for your categories.
- Go to «My categories».
- Here is an overview of all your categories.
- To create a new category, you have to click on «Add new category».
- Category: Enter the name of the category.
- Click on «Save category».
Create your products to the above categories.
- Go to «My products».
- Here you have an overview of all products, can add new or edit existing resp. Clear.
- To create a new product, you click on «Add new product».
- Enter all the necessary information.
- Name: Name the product.
- Category: Assign the product to the desired category.
- Description: Enter a short description to explain what the product is.
- Price: Enter the price per unit for the product.
- Currency: Select the desired currency. You can choose between Swiss Francs (CHF), Euro (EUR), British Pound (BPD), Australian (AUD) and American Dollar (USD).
- VAT rate: Set the VAT rate for the product.
- «Save product».
Your cash register is now ready! Use the app to sell your products.
The sales are made in the app. It's best to have a smartphone or tablet at your point of sale.
- Open the SportsNow app.
- Press on «Admin».
- Select «My point of sale».
- You will now see the main screen of your cash register.
- Add product: Search the desired product. When you have found it, press the plus sign to add it to the shopping cart.
- Remove product: Press the minus sign to remove a product from the shopping cart.
- Enter your own values: You can also enter your own values that are not entered as products. To do so, press the calculator in the bottom right corner. Now you can select the value, the name (title) and VAT. Press «Set» to add the item to the shopping cart.
- Tip: If you press on the calculator to the left of the category name, the name and the VAT of this category will be automatically taken over, so you only have to enter the value. This allows you to quickly sell a general product from this category.
- Show sales overview: Press «Transactions» to show the sales overview. Here you also have the possibility to cancel invalid sales directly, if you made a mistake.
- In the lower left corner is the shopping cart. Here you can see which and how many products are in the shopping cart.
- If all products are in the shopping cart, you can click on «Pay».
- Now you have to decide whether it is an existing member in SportsNow or not.
- Now either select a member or press «Pay without member».
- No matter which option you choose: Now you have to choose the payment method. You have the options cash, EC, credit card, TWINT or customer credit.
- Cash payment: In case of a cash payment you can enter the amount received and the change will be calculated automatically. Now press «Pay».
- EC / credit card: If you have selected «credit card» or «EC», you can collect the amount at the payment terminal and then press «Pay».
- TWINT: If you have selected «TWINT», click on «Pay» so that the TWINT QR code is automatically displayed. This QR code can be scanned directly by the customer's TWINT app (alternatively, the TWINT code can also be entered) and the payment confirmed on the customer's smartphone. Afterwards, you will also receive a message that the payment was successful.
- Customer credit: If you have selected «customer credit», the customer pays with his customer credit as far as the balance is sufficient. The amount is automatically deducted from his credit balance.
- If you have selected an existing customer, a voucher is automatically sent to the stored e-mail address. If you don't want to send an email, uncheck «Send receipt by email».
- If you have selected the option «Pay without member», you now have the possibility to enter an e-mail address and send a receipt to it.
- Alternatively, you can skip this step as well.
- After completing the transaction, you will be back in the usual cashier home screen and will be able to record the next sale.
You can view and display all sales from your cash register at any time. This can be useful when you want to create a daily statement.
- Click in the admin area on «My point of sale».
- You will now see an overview of your sales.
- Note: If you click on «Action», you have the possibility to change the date of sale. To do that, click on «Change date».
- Available to you are the views «Show sales overview» and «Show sold products».
- Show sales overview: This view shows you all transactions and is particularly useful to see the Sales by payment method.
- Show sold products: This view shows you each sold product individually and is suitable to see sales by category or VAT rate.
- All views can also be exported as an Excel file for further data processing.