Who can use this feature?
👤 Administrators and instructors with back office
🏅 Premium MAX / Add-On «Video portal»
The video portal enables you to sell videos to your customers quickly and easily. For example, you can offer your customers a 30-Days Challenge with selected videos, a monthly subscription with unlimited access, as with Netflix, or individual videos for sale. Your customers don't need to install any additional apps and can watch your videos directly on SportsNow or within the app. In this guide, we explain how to set up your video portal.
Good to know 💡
- In order to create videos, you need your own cloud storage where you can upload your videos. A simple and compatible cloud storage is, for example Dropbox.
- Alternatively, you can upload your videos to YouTube.
- With the comment function, your members can give you personal feedback directly.
- You can add video directly to a class. You can find out how to do this here: Add videos 🎬
- Videos can also be assigned directly to a member. More information here: Assign videos 🎬
Step-by-step instructions 🤓
- Click in the admin area on «My videos».
- Click on the button «Create video».
- Title: Enter the title of the video.
- Description: Describe your video here.
- Video-Link (URL): Link your own video (e.g. from your cloud storage or from YouTube) To do this, upload your video to your cloud storage and add the share link to your video here.
– If you use Dropbox, click «Share» on your video file to get the share link.
– If you use YouTube, you have to set your channel to public so that your videos can be loaded.
- Thumbnail:Upload a picture that your members will see as a preview. If you don't upload a thumbnail, your studio logo will be used as the preview image.
Hint: The image must be in .JPG or .PNG format.
- Categories: If you have created categories, you can assign the video to a category here. With this you can group your videos.
Hint: To create a category, you have to click on «My videos»and then «my categories». Click on «Add new category», enter the name of the category and then click on «Save category».
- Do not offer this video on the video portal: Check this box if you do not want the video to be listed in the video portal on your SportsNow page. (The video is private).
- What passes can be purchased to view this video: Define the passes with which the video can be watched.
- This video can be watched for free: If the video can be watched without a pass, check the box here.
- Publish on: Set the date on which the video should be published.
- This video has an expiration date and can neither be bought nor watched afterwards: If you set a check mark here, then you can set an expiration date for the video.
- Expiry date: Specify the date up to which the video is available. After the expiration date, your customers will no longer be able to watch the video.
- When you're done, click «Create video».
Examples and ideas 🎞
- «30-Days Challenge pass»: Create a 30-Days Challenge with selected videos for your customers
- «Netflix pass»: Offer your customers unlimited access to your videos with a monthly pass - just like Netflix.
- Or create a separate pass for each video and allow your customers to watch individual videos for a specified time.
Step-by-step instructions 🤓
- Ideally, create a new category e.g. "Videos" for your video passes under «Set up my studio» - «My categories».
- Now create your new passes under «Set up my studio» - «My passes».
- You can now use your new passes for your videos.
Tags: Video, Videos, Video Portal, Video Selling, Selling Video, Video Buying, Buying Video